Advantages of GIS:
- Improve Organizational Integration - GIS integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
- GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts.
- A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared.
- GIS technology can be integrated into any enterprise information system framework.
- More employment opportunity
- there is the failure to initiate or sustain the additional effort to fully implement GIS, however large the anticipated benefits might be.
- McClurg, A. Patricia , & Buss, Alan (2007). Professional Development: Teachers Use of GIS to Enhance Student Learning. The Journal of Geography, 106(2), 79-87. Retrieved October 3, 2010, from Research Library. (Document ID: 1346636491).